Saturday, 5 January 2013

Hobie AI Rear Sail Control Lines Mod

These are the details for moving the sail controls closer to the seat. No more leaning forward or untangling lines out of the mirage drive.

I love this mod and have used it in very heavy conditions with no issues at all. It is very easy to use and takes no time to fit. I have used nylon sheet as the mounting base. Ropes do not need to be lengthened.
After all testing I will never change back. 

I have used the existing cleats and simply relocated them. Using nylon sheet and the tracking system to mount them. You do need to relocated the turn block.

I have used tracking as I already had a ram ball mount setup with rod holders and thought this would be the best way to keep it clean and allow me to move things around. The front pulley is needed to be moved outboard to keep the furling line free of the mirage drive peddles. You need a drill a hole and mount it close to the support fitting. Screws must be flush with the inside of the bar otherwise the ama hits it.




I know if you do this mod you will love it. Feel free to email me any questions you have.

video

Hope you have enjoyed this mod and I hope it brings you more joy from your AI. I have many more which will be added shortly.




2 comments: